If you believe you are a candidate for a program in your condition, the only way to know for certain is by visiting a physician and being evaluated so that it is possible to get your medical marijuana recommendation. You can not just buy a card or hold onto a physician’s note and think that you are guarded. All the states which have legalized medical marijuana have created medical cannabis cards to track patients that use this medicine legally. The only way that you’re legally protected is by holding a valid medical cannabis card that’s been issued by the state where you reside, after your doctor has seen you and advocated you for medicinal marijuana for your healthcare situation. How to obtain a Card is an important step you have to follow along here.
Top Ten Things to Know About Medical Cannabis
There are some critical things that you should be aware of with respect to medical marijuana. To better assist you to be as prepared as possible, here are the top five things to learn about it before you receive your medical cannabis card.
1. Medical cards are only issued in 15 countries and in DC – consult your state to find out whether yours is on the list.
2. You can not get a prescription for marijuana, just a card that offers you legal protection in your state and affords you access to marijuana dispensaries.
3. It is illegal to drive or operate machinery when employing this; the laws are same with regards to alcohol use.
4. Getting a Medical Cannabis Card is only valid for a year after it’s been issued, and then it has to be renewed.
5. Your health care cannabis card is only valid for the condition where it had been issued, no other states, even when they have a medical cannabis program.
Checklist for Your Medical Cannabis Appointment
As soon as you have created an appointment to be evaluated for an Medical recommendation by a doctor, there are a number of things that you are going to want to be certain that you bring along with you. In this manner you are as best prepared as you possibly can, and you’re able to ensure your appointment goes as smoothly as anticipated. Make certain to take a few notes on these critical items you should bring with you, prior to your appointment. Also, san diego medical marijuana cards online, if you are seeing a new physician, do not forget to bring along your medical history that they can review it while analyzing you to get a medical marijuana evaluation.
Photo ID/Proof of Identification: Make certain you draw any of the following for your appointment to give evidence of your identity: present and valid state driver’s license or current and valid state ID card, current military issued ID card, passport, and proof of residency (current utility bill, mortgage statement or bank statement, etc.).
Medical History: Including any new medical records that you have, any prescriptions which you are presently using, any test results including X-rays or blood pressure, and information regarding your most current physician.